[geeks] Backup software (yeah, yeah, I know)

Sheldon T. Hall shel at artell.net
Thu Apr 9 04:35:06 CDT 2009

Patrick Giagnocavo says ...

> Do you have decent Internet bandwidth?

ADSL of unspecified speed, at the moment.

> Alternatively, get a cheap SSH shell account on any web provider, and
> use SVN or Mercurial to back up your important files.

I think I'm going to impose on a friend in the States; he's got fairly
advanced infrastructure for his company, and I expect he could throw another
disk drive in something and let me use that.  It would probably take days,
and so what?  The really crucial stuff I can burn to CD/DVD, and the rest
can take the slow boat.

Thanks.

-Shel