[geeks] Anyone use Subversion?

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 11:26:34 CDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 5:03 PM, Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net> wrote:

> I'm having my first experience with it for a client, on a Debian system.
<snip>
> Is this anywhere close to a typical svn experience?

I'd have to say not, I use it on Windows and OpenSolaris all the time
without issues.

My Windows SVN is used at $work daily for all my dev commits for work
I'm doing and I've never had anything like the issues you described.

That said non of my systems run on Linux, so it may be a specific
issue with Linux, and not SVN in general.

You could use CVS instead, but I know nothing about CVS.

--

Mark Benson