[geeks] Solaris 10 U6: install failure

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Apr 6 11:26:24 CDT 2009

On Apr 6, 2009, at 09:57 , Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 01:34:17AM -0400, Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>> I have no idea how to create a Jumpstart server, if that is what you
>> mean.
>
> http://www.sunmanagers.org/pipermail/summaries/2005-March/006223.html
>
> http://www.sun.com/blueprints/1299/settingup.pdf

Sorry, I mean to say "without a Sun or Solaris machine".

I tried once before to make a Jumpstart server with FreeBSD, but was
never able to make it work after messing with it a few hours.  Really
hate to go down that path again.

I think I'm going to see if there is a way to specify alternate media,
or do the trick Andrew mentioned.