[geeks] ...and now keyboards.

Alois Hammer aloishammer at casearmour.net
Mon Sep 15 14:39:58 CDT 2008

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 22:31:45 +0300, "Geoffrey S. Mendelson"
<gsm at mendelson.com> said:

> Ok, it does come with a mouse. I've never used it beyond seeing if it
> worked, KnoppMyth works fine with a keyboard.

Since you mention, this setup (currently XP Pro SP3) is eventually going
to need some sort of Linux-based PVR-type functionality (although I
don't really have any interest in mucking with CableCARDs and the like
to get recording working).  I'd like to be able to stream rips, play
DVDs directly off the host machine, listen to music, all that.  Is
KnoppMyth the best way to get there?  I'd prefer Gentoo with MythTV, but
I've just been listening to the package maintainers griping about how
terrible repackaging MythTV is.  And most everyone seems to be using
MythTV instead of Freevo or-- whatever.