[geeks] education systems around the world

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Oct 25 15:21:36 CDT 2008

On Sat, 24 Oct 2008, hike wrote:

> I just asked a question.  Why won't you answer it?  A simple yes or no is
> adequate.

No it isn't, since we haven't agreed on what those terms mean.  I don't
claim to support anarchy.  You claim I do.  Therefore, we have a
disagreement somewhere.

I've given you adequate information to determine whether or not I fit your
definition of the word 'anarchist', you keep telling me I'm avoiding the
question.

To me, "anarchy" means blowing up government buildings and corporate
offices and doing whatever you want without regard to how it affects
anyone else, and an "anarchist" is someone who promotes that.  I've
already told you, that is not what I support, and that is not what I am.

> Your avoidance of an actual answer is telling.

It's telling of nothing beyond my increasing frustration with your
unwillingness to explain what it is that you're after.  So, until you
provide me with a definition I can meet, my answer is what I've said the
whole time: "No"

> Until that is answered, I see the rest of your response as psychobabble.
> (Particularly since you are putting word in my mouth that I have not
> written or spoken.)

Where?  I've done no such thing!  I'm just trying to figure out what you
mean, and I'm repeatedly giving you sufficient information to determine
the answer for yourself.

Let's try this a different way:  Define "anarchy", then define
"anarchist".  If I meet or fail your definition, I'll tell you.

--
Jonathan Patschke | "There is more to life than increasing its speed."
Elgin, TX         |                                   --Mahatma Gandhi