[geeks] Interesting sale on 1.5TB Seagate SATA drives

ch fu3.org at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 22:12:32 CST 2008

2008/11/30 Aaron Finley <aaronfinley at gmail.com>:

> These drives have been very problematic.

Great many links there, it seems we're talking about the same drive;
recognize the /. post amongst them.

Another bulletin from ZDNet which is also related: -
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Apple/?p=2579
 ("Seagate offers fix for problematic Barracuda drives on Mac/Linux systems")

> The most informative thread may be found on Seagate's own support
> forum, where it appears Seagate is blaming everyone but themselves for
> the problem:
>

> http://forums.seagate.com/stx/board/message?board.id=ata_drives&thread.id=2390&view=by_date_ascending&page=1"

(Seems like they've conveniently pulled that one away, or for any
reason it's gone.)