[geeks] Bad CVS issue

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Sat Nov 15 19:32:40 CST 2008

I tried changing my cvswrapper file using the one found at /Developer/
Tools/cvswrappers on my Mac, and checked it in.

Now, all the CVS client versions I have around refuse to checkout,
checkin, or import, saying:
cvs [checkout aborted]: -t/-f wrappers not supported by this version
of CVS  This includes not being able to do a checkout of CVSROOT to
revert the file.

The version of CVS client on the server is slightly newer than the
Mac (1.11.22 vs 1.11.20).  I also tried 1.12.13.

Does anyone know how to A) revert this, and B) work around the lack
of -t/-f support, which is apparently needed for handing some of the
binary files in an Xcode project?