[geeks] V490 falling into interactive mode on jumpstart

Jonathan Katz jon at jonworld.com
Fri Nov 14 09:55:34 CST 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 10:52 AM, Nadine Miller <velociraptor at gmail.com>wrote:

> I don't think that's the issue, because it fails right to the "help" you
> get at the beginning of the automated install (e.g. "F2" vs "ESC_2", etc) as
> soon as it gets booted, iirc, never getting to the "Starting Java" line.

Yeah, check the hard drive sizes. Also, it could be that for whatever reason
on the "oddball" V490 that the hard drive is coming up on a different
controller (c1 vs c0, or something) and that could fubar your jumpstart. I
had that happen on identical V240s with Solaris 9 and could never figure out
why. The "rootdisk.s1" stuff in the profile didn't fix it, either, I had to
be explicit in the profile for some reason. My memory is hazy.

-Jon