[geeks] Lord of War, was Re: education systems around the worldyi

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Nov 10 16:22:36 CST 2008

On Nov 10, 2008, at 05:25 , Nick B. wrote:

> I was surprised at how much I liked it.  I expected "bowling for
> columbine" but
> slightly less witty (if that's possible). (I'm strongly pro-gun)

I liked it pretty good, and I didn't find it to be anti-gun at all.

It seemed to do a good job of focusing on proliferation and how the
money in the third world is spent on weapons rather than other goods.

The way I see it, if those nations spent the money on food and
necessities, then the "lords of war" would simply change merchandise
and really wouldn't care as long as they can sell something to them.