[geeks] Appropriate Ayn Rand comment for the election...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 12:41:42 CST 2008

On Nov 6, 2008, at 10:57 AM, Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 08:53:26PM -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>> Some reports have it that ACORN was caught in Minnesota doing
>> third-party voter registrations for convicted felons in prisons.
>
> Do you realize that ACORN, as well as other voter registration
> groups, has
> to turn in EVERY application they receive?  They're not allowed to
> "filter
> out" the obvious bad ones before turning them in

They are required to do QC and tag questionable ones.

They are not allowed to pay workers per-piece (in most jurisdictions),
but they did.

They are not supposed to fill them in themself, but they did.

Registration forms aren't to be partially filled in when handed out,
but many were (marked Democrat for party).

Etc.

At best, ACORN is criminaly ignorant/lax about what they are doing.

Is ACORN still in line to get money (profits) from our latest bail-out
"investments"?

Lionel