[geeks] decent stereo kit on a budget (classical Baroque plus rock)

Erie Patsellis erie at shelbyvilledesign.com
Sat May 31 22:10:59 CDT 2008

As far as non-tweaky audio equipment, a used NAD or Rotel integrated,
Rotel RCD-855 CD player, when you can find one. You might find a pair of
older Signet speakers, as well as several other brands, PSB, M&K, etc.
the more popular brands tend to be more expensive, because of brand
recognition. Take heart though, the last pair of speakers I bought were
a pair of old, nasty looking Acoustat 1's for around $150, some TLC, and
a few dollars worth of cloth for new grills and I still have them,
longer than I'd care to admit, but Bush (the Sr.) was a newly elected
president when I bought them.......

I'd prowl the higher end shops anyway, most people trade up and there's
often decent inexpensive bits, a TT and speakers as well as amp and CD
player would be tough under $300.

erie