[geeks] Is there still a free anti-virus package for WinXP?

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Sat May 31 14:58:13 CDT 2008

On May 31, 2008, at 9:21 AM, mp wrote:

> My favorite for a long time has been Trend Micro's offering[0].  It
> is the least invasive, doesn't get in your way, antivirus plus other
> anti-malware product out there.

I use NOD 32 and have for years; I think all the "major
players" (Norton, McAffee, etc) are resource hogs. My brother had some
issues recently with NOD not ID'ing something on his system, but he is
not technically savvy enough to explain what the issue was, so I don't
know if it was PEBKAC or a real problem.  He went back to using AVG.

I am fairly "loose" with the sites I will surf to on my XP boxen, and
barring one malware problem (removed using PrevX), I've had nothing
get through NOD.

=Nadine=