[geeks] Socialized medicine [was Re: nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro]

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu May 29 21:27:04 CDT 2008

On May 29, 2008, at 3:48 PM, adh at an.bradford.ma.us (Sandwich Maker)
wrote:

> " From: Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com>
> "
> " []
> "
> " There are those that feel a President should not have any religion,
> " and say that by holding any (even mainstream) belief system renders
> " them unsuitable for the highest office.
> "
> " Honestly, I think shows a bit of well-needed humility, that there is
> " something greater than him (or her) self...
>
> ...and this applies to bush -how-?

I didn't mean to apply it to our current president, I wrote of the
general case.

I want my President to have a faith they feel strongly about. I
personally would accept nearly any mainstream religion, as long as she/
he is serious.

I will not accept a President that feigns a belief in any faith to
make themself an attractive candidate.

> i also recall him suggesting that he might have a direct mission from
> god and/or be the next messiah.  if he believed that he's got serious
> personality problems.  if he didn't believe that, trying it on with a
> straight face took a pile o' chutzpah.

Many Christians feel they have a relationship with their God, does
that exclude all of those Christians from becoming President? Many
religious people of various denomination feel that their Gods speak to
them - I'm ok with that, unless they tell me he called.

Many religious people feel their lives have a purpose, and that their
purpose comes from their God, should that prevent them from holding
the office of President? Or is it all ok, she/he just can't say it out
loud (dont't ask, don't tell?)

Lionel