[geeks] grudging praise for a Micosoft product

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Thu May 29 16:38:10 CDT 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 05:23:33PM -0400, Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> I rather not remap, but that's not the issue.  For one thing, I can
> never get the keymapping to work quite right in Windows.  Remapping in
> Windows is a fairly high level function, so you end up with some
> software honoring it, and some not.

Not really, there is a remaping facility at the scan code level.

I can't remember how to do it, but you can easily remap control and
caps lock and (almost) everything uses it. A quick STFW for
"windows scan code remaping" should do what you want.

Look at:

	http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/archive/w2kscan-map.mspx

and:

	http://searchwincomputing.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid68_gci1040196,00.html