[geeks] Socialized medicine [was Re: nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro]

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Thu May 29 12:50:56 CDT 2008

Lionel Peterson wrote:
> On May 29, 2008, at 7:09 AM, Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net> wrote:
>> (He's as much as said flat out that where the real world and the Bible
>> conflict, it's because reality is in error.  During his election
>> campaign, he went so far as to hint to a lot of the fundie groups that
>> he had a direct personal mandate from God, and might even possibly be
>> the new Messiah.  They, at least, seem to have largely figured out
>> that for a New Messiah, he's a bit short on miracles.)
>
> "He's as much as said..."
>
> "hint...that he had a direct..."
>
> "might even possibly..."
>
> How can I argue with that... ;^)

Heh.  :)  I didn't have the exact quotes handy and didn't feel like
digging them up.  But Bush staffers have repeatedly been quoted as
saying (with tones of condescending pity) that basing decisions on
existing fact is simply not how the Bush administration does it, because
the real movers and shakers decide what reality is based on faith and
then just make their decisions forcefully enough that reality is
compelled to comply.  He was repeatedly documented while on the campaign
trail as having declared to various Christian-right groups that he was
doing God's work, and that he believed he had a personal mission from
God.  Again, don't have cites on hand.

   alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                  It's not the years, it's the mileage.