[geeks] The Andromeda Strain

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Wed May 28 18:02:11 CDT 2008

Phil Stracchino wrote:
> (Capsule summary:  scientists at US Navy SPAWAR San Diego have
> demonstrated a reproducible and verifiable low-energy nuclear reaction
> using deuterium in the presence of a palladium mechanical catalyst.)

If so, then I wonder if "cold fusion" will be a replacement for "it's
not rocket science" (as the term is used by all those who are not rocket
scientists) and "it's not brain surgery" (as the term is used by all
those who are not neuroseurgeons).

i.e.,

"Dude, you should get a Dell... it's not cold fusion!"

(insert image of that guy who got fired after he got caught being a stoner)

BTW, when I worked for a company that sold NextStep software, the
SPAWARSYSCEN guys were always pleasant to talk to and were pretty smart
as well.

--Patrick