[geeks] The Andromeda Strain

Brooke Gravitt gravitt at gmail.com
Wed May 28 13:55:21 CDT 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Dr Robert Pasken <rpasken at eas.slu.edu> wrote:
> let's see if can make it a little simpler
>
> Crichton is and MD. No problem there. Crichton wrote some good science
> fiction books. No problem there. Crichton writes a book called "State of
> Fear" where he, with malice of forethought, rewrites portions of more than 6
> scientific papers outside of his discipline. He uses these delibrate
> falisifications of scientific research to claim that a whole class of
> scientists are LIARS AND OUT FOR PERSONAL GAIN WHILE AT THE SAME TIME
> COLLECTING MORE THAN $100,000 a year from the oil/gas industry. He seeks out
> public forums, Congress as an example, to further distort research conducted
> scientists outside his field of study.
>
> To say such a person has integrity is outrageous

I hear that he's in league with the Devil, Robot Satan, George Bush,
Dick Cheney, and the evil,evil,evil oil corporations - as well as
feasts on baby kittens, baby seals, and regular human babies.

As we all know everyone in academia is beyond reproach,  full of
integrity *cough*cold fusion*cough* and would never skew/slant their
research nor findings to support their own personal dogma.

EVAR!