[geeks] Percentages & mail list

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed May 28 09:24:34 CDT 2008

" From: hike <mh1272 at gmail.com>
"
" On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 12:58 AM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson <gsm at mendelson.com>
" wrote:
"
" > Technically Pennsylvania is not a state, it calls itself the Commonwealth
" > of
" > Pennsylvania. In practice I doubt that there is any difference between it
" > and any other the 49 other states in the U.S., but the name remains.
"
"
"
" Pennsylvania is not the only commonwealth.
" Virginia is also a commonwealth and I believe there are other commonwealths
" in the USA "state" makeup.  (The only commonwealths come out of the original
" 13 colonies.)

there are 4 commonwealths in the us: va, pa, ma, and iirc de.