[geeks] Barbeque Geekery

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Tue May 27 19:55:27 CDT 2008

Dan Sikorski wrote:
> Phil Stracchino wrote:
>> I was never hugely impressed with Peet's coffee, and I thought they
>> went downhill after being acquired by Starbucks.  Starbucks coffee all
>> tastes burnt, and now so does Peet's.  We tend to buy either from
>> First Colony, Trader Joe's, or a small local roastery.
>
> I think you are confused.  Peet's is not owned by Starbucks, and never
> has been.  Although they have had some common management in the past,
> they are separate, publicly traded companies.

I was pretty sure I heard of Peet's being bought out a couple of years
back.  I'll freely concede I could be mistaken ...  but then, it
wouldn't be the first time, as far as the recollections of myself and
multiple other people are concerned, I've caught the universe in a
continuity error.

(Example:  I distinctly remember Michael Moorcock dying of cancer in
Birmingham, England in 1976.  The last two volumes of his Hawklords
series had to be finished posthumously - and badly - by Michael
Butterworth.  Then, about ten years ago, I discovered to my great
surprise that he was alive again, new books he'd written suddenly
started appearing again, and the Hawklords books are now credited "from
a concept by...")

   alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                  It's not the years, it's the mileage.