[geeks] Socialized medicine [was Re: nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro]

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue May 27 14:26:42 CDT 2008

On May 27, 2008, at 00:00 , Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

> I spent most of my life in Philly. Pennsylvania was rpivate land,
> you had
> to buy/rent it from Penn or his decendents for a long time, He was a
> Quaker
> (as in the Religous Society of Friends, not the oats) and the
> government
> culture, etc followed Quaker religous beliefs until as late as the
> 1990's.

[ snip ]

OK, but that doesn't mean that most settlers came here to evade
religious persecution.

A lot of what you are discussing is just a side effect of the
religious beliefs of the people who came here to work.

For example, I live in Tidewater, and most of the colonies here,
nearly 100% of them, were chartered businesses, not religious refugee
camps.

*ALL* people who came to American during colonization brought a lot of
strong religious beliefs with them.