[geeks] Socialized medicine [was Re: nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro]

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon May 26 22:08:48 CDT 2008

On May 26, 2008, at 06:22 , Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

> On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 10:14:00AM +0100, Mike Meredith wrote:
>> Undoubtedly that was the case in the past, although some were purely
>> economic migrants. For example most of the early Jamestown settlers
>> were doing quite well in England, and were in Jamestown to get
>> richer.
>
> Most of the early settlers in the English part of the "new world"
> went there to evade religous persecution.

Actually, only a few came here because of that.

That's an old American myth.

Most of the early settlements were purely economic colonies run as
standard business arrangements.

People just tend to focus on the pilgrims for some odd reason.

Now if you want to talk about other religious reasons, yes, a lot did
come here to avoid the English theocracy and European religions
issues, but those were not the pilgrims, that was a benefit for nearly
everyone.

>> Now? I'm pretty sure that for the UK immigration is significantly
>> larger than emigration. And almost as sure that applies over most of
>> Europe.
>
> No, it applies to western Europe, not eastern. Now that you no longer
> need a visa to enter the U.K from E.U. countries many people are
> moving
> there. A large portion of them are moslem. From what I read in the
> press
> there are whole towns that have been taken over, and the residents
> want
> to institute sharia (moslem) law.

They learned an old English tactic: If you can't win on the
battlefield, infiltrate and breed them out.

I think it might tear Europe and the UK apart.  At the least, it's
already causing a lot of problems and it will only get worse.  I think
you have to be a fool to not see at least some of them doing it
deliberately.

Didn't Denmark recently put a halt on it and the queen there spoke out
and said the muslim invasion had to stop or something like that?

> Anyone one this list remember the Carter years? 21% mortgages?

...and 75% income tax brackets...

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com