[geeks] Life in England, was Socialized medicine

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Mon May 26 11:39:17 CDT 2008

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 04:41:58PM +0100, Mike Meredith wrote:

> I wasn't going to spend ages on searching. I happen to live in the UK
> and subject to our media coverage; I would expect to hear about
> numerous 'immigrant gang rapes' if they were to occur.

It depends. The BBC is extremely pro moslem. If it was done by moslems,
they would either report it as "christan woman forces moslem men to lose
their virtue" or ignore it. Sky News would might say something, if at all,
and ITV would depending upon the day of the week, phase of the moon,
ignore it or cover it.

The Guardian would cover it like the BBC, if the woman was well built and
had real ones she would be on page three (I forget the name of the newspaper)
and so on.

You might find some decent analysis in the Economist, and "The Week" would
cover them but only reprint a pro and con article.

> Yes we did (or rather we targeted the politicians who supported the
> tax). It was mostly just mob-psychology inflaming spirits which I
> suspect was a similarly strong influence on the muslim demo mentioned.
> Mind you the rioting that came about was mostly due to bad policing;
> the red and black contingent I recall only got involved when the
> violence had already started.

But the general man in the street was not a target.

>Being particular keen on vandalising the
> McDonalds (early anti-globalisation? Or just good taste?).

If you smashed McDonalds without smashing Wimpy's then it was anti-globalization
or "anti-American". If you included Wimpy's then it was good taste. :-)

Geoff.