[geeks] Life in England, was Socialized medicine

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Mon May 26 10:41:58 CDT 2008

On Mon, 26 May 2008 18:13:06 +0300, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> That alone speaks volumes. Googling for something shows IMHO a little

I wasn't going to spend ages on searching. I happen to live in the UK
and subject to our media coverage; I would expect to hear about
numerous 'immigrant gang rapes' if they were to occur.

> The poll tax rioters did not threaten to kill people who did not
> believe as they did.

Yes we did (or rather we targeted the politicians who supported the
tax). It was mostly just mob-psychology inflaming spirits which I
suspect was a similarly strong influence on the muslim demo mentioned.
Mind you the rioting that came about was mostly due to bad policing;
the red and black contingent I recall only got involved when the
violence had already started. Being particular keen on vandalising the
McDonalds (early anti-globalisation? Or just good taste?).

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
 ... a software firewall is like bringing a knife to a gunfight.