[geeks] Life in England, was Socialized medicine

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Mon May 26 10:13:06 CDT 2008

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 04:01:08PM +0100, Mike Meredith wrote:
> On Mon, 26 May 2008 09:25:58 -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> > Finsbury Park mosque?
>
> What ? One mosque taken over by extremists ? This is going to cause the
> collapse of England as we know it ?

Actually there are many of them. ITV did a great job documenting it.
(I know that's almost an oxymoron) and the police almost did them for it.
The complaint was just dropped and an apology issued.

> > Gang-rape "Leb-style"?
>
> Just googled for that.

That alone speaks volumes. Googling for something shows IMHO a little less
initiative than looking in the Wikipedia.  You can find anything if you
google for it. Since they started weighting their results to fight SEO,
google has become almost useless IMHO. (This has nothing to do with my
well stated opposition to google for other reasons).

 Sure you're not mistaking Australia for
> Britain ? All the top hits are for Australia. I've never heard of gangs
> of immigrants roaming the streets looking for victims over here.
> Doesn't mean they don't exist, but I assure you that our media is
> hysterical enough to make a big noise about it if it were common.

If all you got was Australia, why did you not include "NOT Australia",
or England, UK or Great Britain?

> More like a few hundred. If you're worrying about *that* I wonder what
> your reaction was to the Poll Tax riots back in the day?

More accurate figures were closer to 3,000.

The poll tax rioters did not threaten to kill people who did not believe
as they did.

Geoff.