[geeks] healthcare was: nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat May 24 11:17:38 CDT 2008

On May 23, 2008, at 17:27 , Sandwich Maker wrote:

> " From: Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
> "
> "
> " You just don't realize how much more money we are burning right now.
>
> we're spending enough on the war to launch shuttles m/w/f -every-
> week-.
> 150 launches a year.
>
> and folks complain nasa's expensive...

Yep.

It really ticks me off too.

A single B2 bomber squadron costs more than NASA's budget.

Why do people always go after NASA when noise starts about the
government budget?

NASA's budget is so tiny it isn't even noise in the signal.

It's also one reason why it has such a hard time: NASA is given a huge
and difficult mission list, with severe penalties if it doesn't do all
of them correctly, and a budget only good enough to do about a quarter
of it properly.

In the 1960s, NASA's budget was 10% of GNP or something huge like that.

I realize that some argue NASA is not accounted for in the
Constitution, but I rather see the money spent there than where it is
now.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com