[geeks] nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Fri May 23 20:02:24 CDT 2008

Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> On May 21, 2008, at 16:25 , Nadine Miller wrote:
>
>> Bill Bradford wrote:
>>> I *hate* console gaming controllers.  Give me a mouse and keyboard.
>>
>> I believe a lot more PS3 games have mouse/keyboard compiled in,
>> possibly all of them.
>>
>> I'm getting pretty good with controllers after Zelda:Windwaker, Super
>> Mario Sunshine, and Kung Fu Chaos (the latter is a *TOTAL* hoot!).
>
> I can practice and get good with a controller too, but I don't like
> using the controller.  It's far too limiting.  It's not a matter of
> skill, I just hate using a console controller.
>
> A PC let's you have far more complex controls, and it's just a hell of a
> lot more fun.
>
> The other issue is game play: console games are dumbed down, focus on
> immediate satisfaction, and are not modifiable.
>
> I like some of the games, but generally get tired of them pretty quick.
>
> Some PC games I play for 5-10 years.

There are computer games like that for me as well--I'm still playing
Diablo II, 4 Crystals of Trazere (fscking puzzles) and X-Com.  Most of
the games I have interest in are not (generally) GPU intensive.  While I
agree that the majority of console games are dumbed-down, I have found a
few that are not which have replay interest.  And it's nice to be able
to sit side-by-side and play a game together with your friends; I've yet
to find a computer game (since maybe Gauntlet for the PC) that makes
this easy to do.

-Nadine=