[geeks] nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Fri May 23 22:03:56 CDT 2008

Joshua Boyd wrote:
> On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 10:25:19PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>>> Of course, that was early in 2007 and there have been new Minis since
>>> then which are nicer.
>> 2 Gig of RAM is max supported RAM in current Mac Minis...[0]
>>
>> Lionel
>>
>> [0] http://www.apple.com/macmini/specs.html
>
> Supported only in the sense that Apple tells you it is supported.
>
> It is possible to put 3 gigs in and use all 3 gigs.
>
> I think it is possible to put 4 gigs in to turn on memory interleaving,
> while only seeing 3 gigs still, but it is possible that I have that
> crossed with the older MacBooks.

I believe that's accurate from what I've read of late, trying to decide
what I'm going to purchase.

If I don't go with the iMac, I'll probably go with the Macbook b/c of
the improved integrated graphics over the Mini.

Of course, I'll probably dump more time into research since it's likely
new stuff will be announced at WWDC in a couple of weeks.

=Nadine=