[geeks] Socialized medicine [was Re: nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro]

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri May 23 13:17:14 CDT 2008

On May 23, 2008, at 01:19 , der Mouse wrote:

> That must be why Denmark is such a failure, then: too many people for
> the land and no particular natural resources to prop them up.  Oh, and
> that nasty socialized medicine, too.

Europe is having a hard time paying for their social systems, and it's
getting harder with time.

It's not a sustainable system.

Europe has been funded by the USA for decades, and that is pretty much
coming to and end.  Germany's prime minister has already said that
they have to make big changes to compensate for that, but I've not
really seen much change so far.

I think a lot of people are so used to the last 50 years, they aren't
really thinking about the fairly big changes that are rapidly coming.

Europe's social medicine system was created a time when most of its
population worked, and it was heavily subsidized by the USA, and
that's no longer true.

Are you certain it's workable now?

I don't think it will be, not without some fairly big changes.

Also, isn't Denmark pretty much leading with some reactionary changes,
like denying healthcare to a lot of immigrants, and wasn't the reason
specifically to avoid bankruptcy?

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com