[geeks] Taxes

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri May 23 12:55:01 CDT 2008

On Fri, 23 May 2008, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

>> I have a better tax proposal:  limit the scope of the national
>> government to what the Constitution defines and lower the taxes to
>> support that.  Without entitlement programs, a standing army,
>> regulation of intrastate commerce, and all the other 'services' the
>> national government forces upon us, they could probably be funded
>> solely though bake sales.
>
> Isn't "regulation of interstate commerce" one of the activities the
> Constitution specifically requires the Federal Government to perform?

inter != intra

The national government regulates commerce within individual states all
the time via various environmental, labeling, materials, and other laws.

--
Jonathan Patschke | "There is more to life than increasing its speed."
Elgin, TX         |                                   --Mahatma Gandhi