[geeks] Taxes

Brooke Gravitt gravitt at gmail.com
Fri May 23 10:00:09 CDT 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 10:47 AM, hike <mh1272 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Many have proposed a national sales tax in the USA.  (Is the "fair tax"
> movement this concept?)

Possibly - being that I live in the state & city of both of the
largest proponents of the Fair Tax ( and the authors of a couple of
the Fair Tax books ) - John Linder and Neal Boortz, I am probably more
familiar with it that most. There is a lot of misinformation being
circulated about the Fair Tax. In a nutshell, it would eliminate the
IRS and introduce a 23% flat tax. There would be no more embedded
taxes on goods and pre-bates would be issued to every American to
reimburse the taxes on good deemed "essentials" - groceries, for
example.

It's the best idea by far today, and they've spent roughly $35 million
in research in drafting it with help from top economists. It's a good
plan. It's House bill HR25 , Senate  S1025. Call your
representatives!!

Brooke