[geeks] nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed May 21 22:07:32 CDT 2008

>From: Dan Sikorski <me at dansikorski.com>
>Date: 2008/05/21 Wed PM 10:19:05 EDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro

>Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
>> I could see myself spending a few years there if I was forced to by
>> investors in a startup. I would only do it if I thought there was a good
>> chance I could retire when I was done, and was sure they would pay our
>> airfare home no matter what. I would also require that they provide the
>> same level of health care I have here and same quality schools for my
>> two PDD (high functioning Aspberger's) children, which would probably
>> cost more than many people make, but are free here.
>>
>If, by free, you mean paid for by the taxpayers. That money has to come
>from somewhere.

Well, he has nationalized healthcare in Israel currently, and he is asking for the same level of coverage by an "imagined" employer/backer. All he is saying is that he won't reduce/sacrifice his families healthcare and education for a few sheckels in his pocket... In my mind he is 100% correct (as a father I have no other choice but to agree with him).

>This is why I am opposed to national healthcare in the US.  Rising
>insurance premiums are better than rising taxes.

Your projecting US Healthcare issues on his statement - he didn't ask for "free" services from the US Gov't, he asked for his potential employer/sponsor to "keep him whole"...

Lionel