[geeks] nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Wed May 21 21:36:21 CDT 2008

Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> Dan Sikorski wrote:
>> Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
>>> If I were going to get a car in that style, I'd probably get an
>>> Ariel Atom.  It would be cheap to work on with that turbo GM Ecotec
>>> in it. Getting parts for an engine which isn't sold in quantity in
>>> the US is too expensive for me.
>>>
>> I would LOVE to get one of those.  They are beautiful machines.  It
>> tops my list of things to do when i get tens of thousands of dollars
>> to blow.
>
> I might pick one up in a couple of years.  It's cheap enough to not be
> outside the realm of possibility.

Easily within the realm of possibility.  We'll see how time treats
them.  If they come down in price dramatically on the used market, I
will get one too.  I would think that working on one would be awfully
easy too.

...or, i just read about the wrightspeed x1, the all-electric version of
the atom.  It will be very interesting to see what happens there...

    -Dan Sikorski