[geeks] nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Wed May 21 18:18:22 CDT 2008

On 21 May 2008, at 21:52, Nadine Miller wrote:

> Programming for the PS3 is a very different beast than programming
> for the PC.  Though, if EVE is based on an existing FPS engine, most
> of the popular ones have been ported already.

Well, as it's not an FPS (it's a space game, ala Elite/Freelancer)
then it'd be hard for it to be... the great thing about EVE is that
the core logic is written in stackless Python, if they wrote or
lisenced a graphics engine for the PS3 then the game logic and the
rest would be relatively straightforward as Python is already there
for the PPC/PS3 platform.

All pipe dreams I know, but it proves that it wouldn't be an
unobtainable feat. IMO It'd be easier than a lot of other PC games.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://markbenson.org/blog>