[geeks] nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Wed May 21 15:58:36 CDT 2008

Jonathan Katz wrote:
> On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 4:29 PM, Nadine Miller <velociraptor at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Now you've done it and gone and gotten Geoff started on an import duty
>> rant! :-D
>>
>> My suggestion, get someone who you trust to buy you a PS3, disassemble it
>> and send it in multiple packages...
>

> I've been trying to find someone in the UK to do that with a TVR Cerberra or
> Tuscan for me. No luck, yet.

Isn't the Tuscan a bit pricey (and less bang for the buck) to begin
with?  Aren't there better deals available here?

> Note that this the entire business model of the Noble company and their
> manufacture/distribution of their cars to the US. As a "kit car" it's street
> legal, although it would never pass standard US emission and safety
> inspections as a vehicle fully-assembled by the manufacturer.

If I were going to get a car in that style, I'd probably get an Ariel
Atom.  It would be cheap to work on with that turbo GM Ecotec in it.
Getting parts for an engine which isn't sold in quantity in the US is
too expensive for me.

If you want something even more exotic, you could probably build an
IndyCycle.  I was thinking about it a few years ago, but decided on
something more practical.

Peace...  Sridhar