[geeks] nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Wed May 21 13:57:50 CDT 2008

On 21 May 2008, at 19:41, Bill Bradford wrote:

> My windows box hasn't been turned on in *months*; I've just been too
> busy
> to want to play video games.  It's an ASRock motherboard, one of the
> ones
> that has both AGP and PCI-E slots.  CPU is an Athlon 64 X2 3800+,
> with 2G
> RAM and a PCI-E GeForce 7600GT.
>
> I've been thinking about getting a GF9600 card so I can properly
> play Call
> of Duty 4, but I have to look at the machine and wonder if it's worth
> dropping $200 for a video game when I could buy gun parts or ham radio
> equipment instead.

Yup, I've done just the same. I decided to upgrade the Pro, make the
most of my one best x86 box, and put my money into something non-
computery. I'm currently building a Radio Controlled rock crawling
buggy. It sounds odd but it gives untold opportunity for some great
model engineering and it's small scale enough to do on a bench or on
my desk, or with our home workshop tools and some bits of metal. It's
real geek brain fodder, and it's not hurting my eyesight! :)

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://markbenson.org/blog>