[geeks] VoIP endpoint service?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun May 18 11:45:48 CDT 2008

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 09:09:26AM -0400, der Mouse wrote:
> Not really.  While we use CentOS, I've never even tried to build for
> non-686 - or, more precisely, for anything other than the hardware
> we're running it on.  I'd probably just start debugging the coredump
> like any other coredump.  It could be an Asterisk bug, a CentOS bug, or
> maybe even something more exotic.

It's a known issue that the C3 IDs itself as a 686 when it's actually a
fancy i586 - some instructions (like CMOV) are missing from the processor,
and GCC likes to use them when it compiles for 686.

Therefore, Asterisk when compiled for 686 will give an "illegal
instruction" when you try to run it on a C3.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas