[geeks] VoIP endpoint service?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat May 17 18:09:01 CDT 2008

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 06:53:26PM -0400, der Mouse wrote:
> $DAYJOB can do this, though I don't know the extent to which we want to
> - the bread-&-butter of our VoIP services tends to be small businesses
> rather than individuals.  I'll check into it and come back if there's
> interest on our end.  (I know we _can_ do it because I'm our primary
> VoIP tech.  If it weren't for pesky business issues like having to make
> money to stay in business I could set you up within half an hour.)

Speaking of asterisk, I've got an interesting problem.

I'm running on a Via C3 system (1G RAM, 80G HD).  I can compile it and get
it working (with a clone FX101 card) just fine under Ubuntu (using the
directives to compile for i586, etc), but doing the *exact same thing*
under CentOS results in an i686 binary which coredumps.  CentOS just
refuses to compile for i586 no matter what I do.

Any suggestions?  I'm following these directions: (ignoring the
Debian-specific parts, etc):

http://astrecipes.net/index.php?n=356

All I really want to do is make a fancy answering machine to begin with.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas