[geeks] PayPal alternative offering $25 free cash

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Fri May 16 21:40:57 CDT 2008

Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Nadine Miller wrote:
>> Some of the alternative sites are growing pretty rapidly, but for
>> folks who need to get rid of things quickly, eBay is still the place
>> to go for a sure sale.
>
> What are the alternative sites?  I know Amazon has auctions, and there's
> Gunbroker (which has become hugely successful after being founded
> because eBay thinks guns are icky), but those are about the only ones I
> know about.

You can find a lot of info on alternatives at powersellersunite.com.
Unfortunately there are a lot of people on there that don't have a clue,
too.  Reading the forums (esp. the sellers forum) on eBay itself can be
enlightening as well.

 From my research on compete.com (similar to Google zeitgeist, but with
more info) eBid (not free, auctions), Blujay (free, but not auctions),
and eCrater (also free, not auctions) are probably the biggest.  And you
can't discount the power of Craigslist if you live close to a larger city.

=Nadine=