[geeks] Two new Intel mini-ITX boards (DQ45EK and DG45FC)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed May 14 12:08:08 CDT 2008

>From: Chad McAuley <chizad at gmail.com>
>Date: 2008/05/14 Wed AM 11:53:00 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: [geeks] Two new Intel mini-ITX boards (DQ45EK and DG45FC)

>I just heard about two new mini-ITX boards from Intel that are slated
>for a June release.  Given the D201GLY and other mini PC discissions
>we've had on here recently, I figured some of you would be interested in
>them.

Absolutely - that is great. A small board with on-board Gigabit Ethernet, 6x SATA RAID, the ability to choose a CPU and dual memory sockets (4 Gig RAM support) would make a a great "home/SOHO" server and will likely be adopted by OEMs for Windows Home Server boxes (esp. coupled with the zippy dual core Celeron CPU ;^)

Thanks for the pointer - I hope the boards retail for less than $100/each...

Lionel