[geeks] ZFS sanity check

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Mon May 12 12:46:53 CDT 2008

nate at portents.com wrote:
>> Do 2.5" notebook SATA disks use the same physical connectors as 3.5"
>> SATA disks?  I'm assuming they would, but assumptions have been wrong
>> before.
>
> Yes, one of the nicest things about SATA, besides the physical connector
> hotplug capability.

OK, sounds like my best gameplan is to tuck a mirrored pair of 2.5" SATA
disks into that open 3.5" bay for boot, assuming I can find a suitable
mounting bracket at a sensible price.  Most of what I've found so far is
removable enclosures, often with built-in JBOD RAID0/1.

   alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                  It's not the years, it's the mileage.