[geeks] Two Dell 2U servers available

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri May 9 12:41:47 CDT 2008

Hello all,

I don't have complete spec's for either machine, but I've got two Dell 2U PowerEdge servers that will be looking for a new home ASAP. One is a 2450, the other is a 2550. They both have middling CPUs (either two 700-800 MHz P3s or a P3 Xeon), no RAM, no HD (each comes with at least one real HD tray though). I'd like someone to offer shipping++ for either ($25 over shipping would be great) - best offer takes one (or both ;^).

If interested, drop me a note and I'll collect more accurate spec's. Memory/HD maybe available, I need to sort through a couple machines and see if I have naything left over...

The reason these machines are available is that I was lucky (in my opinion) and scored a dual 3.06 GHz Xeon PowerEdge 2650[0] with 12 Gigs of RAM, 2x 73 Gig and 3x 146 Gig SCSI drives for $511 (Incl. rails) on eBay yesterday. IIRC, these Xeons support Hyperthreading, and dual Gigabit Ethernet ports will contribute to make this one of my nicer machines... This will have to go in the basement though, it will be *loud* - not that there's anything wrong with that... 8^)

Lionel

[0] http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/products/pedge/en/2650_specs.pdf