[geeks] WANTED: gigE controller for Solaris x86

David Muran-de Assereto dmuran at tuad.org
Sat May 3 15:31:50 CDT 2008

On May 3, 2008, at 15:58 , Joshua Boyd wrote:

> On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 04:01:11PM -0400, David Muran-de Assereto
> wrote:
>
>> Netgear GA311 works fine in Solaris 10 x86 or SPARC, and reportedly
>> supports jumbo frames.
>
> What is the performance of the GA311 compared to Syskonnect, Broadcom,
> or Intel cards?  Currently I've been sticking with the latter three
> brands, but only because I heard they were faster and more CPU
> friendly
> than Netgear or 3Com cards.

I don't really know; I only have one Intel card, and I can't get good
metrics off it because it's in the household server under load
constantly.
I know it seems to perform comparably, and is officially supported.

David Muran-de Assereto
dmuran at tuad.org

Sapere Aude!

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pkcs7-signature which had a name of smime.p7s]