[geeks] Seems like low-cost Cisco 10/100 switches are available

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Fri May 2 09:31:28 CDT 2008

sammy ominsky wrote:
> Nadine Miller wrote:
>
>> Out of curiosity, for those of you who have worked in large
>> organizations where the "network" team is a complete and separate
>> entity from the "sys admin" team, has the network team ever been
>> responsive, reliable, and, in general, competent and pleasant to work
>> with?
>
> Yes.

Yes, provided that the network team is shielded from the users.  I've
seen both situations.  In situations where the help desk can send calls
to the network team directly, the network team gets to its last
collective nerve fairly quickly.  In situations where the network team
only directly supports the sysadmin team and the workstation support
team, it's invariably much better.

Peace...  Sridhar