[geeks] Seems like low-cost Cisco 10/100 switches are available

Jeff Cole jeff at flambe.org
Thu May 1 18:05:42 CDT 2008

Nadine Miller wrote:
> Out of curiosity, for those of you who have worked in large
> organizations where the "network" team is a complete and separate entity
> from the "sys admin" team, has the network team ever been responsive,
> reliable, and, in general, competent and pleasant to work with?

At my current job, the networking group handles just about everything
network related. They also handle DNS. They are fairly competent, very
pleasant, and reliable more often than not. The big problem is that they
are constantly slammed with work and are constrained by political
problems far beyond their position.