[geeks] DS3

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Fri Jun 27 11:05:41 CDT 2008

Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
>
>> Ballpark how much does internet service on a DS3 cost nowadays?
>>

> Isn't that one of those questions where if you have to ask, you can't
> afford it...?

Naah, a 45mbit ds3 isn't much speed, really.  He wasn't asking about a
OC-48 (also on my price schedule here, $784k/mo list, no clue what
discounts would look like).

And for that matter, the "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" line
is total BS anyway.  I don't care how much money you have, you didn't
get there by foolishly overspending.  Warren Buffet is one of the
richest men in the world, and I can assure you that he asks how much his
lunch costs.  (But then, he's an unusually frugal billionaire.)

    -Dan Sikorski