[geeks] New small Intel Board

Nate nate at portents.com
Thu Jun 5 21:27:29 CDT 2008

On Jun 5, 2008, at 7:05 PM, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 11:57:34PM +0100, Mark wrote:
>> I know my dad built a C2d PC and it was a exactly the same as the P4
>> setup if yo used the Intel sink. A real PITA with thos silly push-
>> down
>> tab things.
>
> yep, that is probably why I didn't want to do it.

Really?!  Don't get me wrong, installing an LGA775 heatsink isn't the
easiest think (especially compared to AMD heatsinks/sockets), but
it's not *that* bad (though I have done it probably 50 times by
now).  What I would say is difficult though is removal of LGA775
heatsinks that have portions that overhang the pushpin releases, like
the Scythe Shuriken.  We're talking 30 minutes for me to get it off,
and a lot of cursing.  Installation in comparison is pretty quick/
easy as long as you follow the correct technique (always push in
pushpins opposite each other in a criss-cross pattern, and make sure
the white plastic part is fully pushed down *before* the black
plastic centers are pushed down through locking them in place).

- Nate