[geeks] New small Intel Board

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 18:20:59 CDT 2008

On 6 Jun 2008, at 00:02, Joshua Boyd wrote:
>> Intel video isn't to bad for
>> media, apparently. The Mac mini certainly copes okay.
>
> I would guess that how well this does with HD depends on having a
> hardware HD compressor and also how well the 945 does at
> accelerating HD
> MPEG2 or H264.

According to the Docs the GMA950 on that chipset supports MPEG-2 but
no AVC(H.264), so I guess that's not *so* bad. It'd certainly be
sufficient for a DVR/Movies box. I have no issues transcoding to
MPEG-2 as I have a Mac Pro sat here with 4-cores and plenty of muscle
so it'll not take long :)

For the rare occasions I *have* to use H.264 video then I guess I
could just use the Mac Pro and lump it :)

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://markbenson.org/blog>