[geeks] Large IDE notebook drive (250 Gig, $110)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Jun 5 10:29:14 CDT 2008

Hello all,

A little while ago (couple months now?) wasn't someon on the list complaining about a dearth of very large IDE notebook drives? Well, I was flipping through a flyer from MicroCenter.com, and saw they had 250 Gig IDE/PATA notebook drives for $109 (they also said they were only available from MicroCenter, but I can't speak to that).

Anyway, I thought some here might be interested, as it might help breathe new life into an older laptop - here's the link:

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0289519

For comparison, here is a similar drive, but with SATA interface:

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0262170

The price difference is about $10 (PATA > SATA)

Lionel