[geeks] Socialized medicine [was Re: nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro]

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Mon Jun 2 20:20:37 CDT 2008

Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> I consider abortion to be immoral.  I consider divorce to be immoral.  I
> wouldn't even attempt to make either illegal.

Do you consider murder and rape to be immoral?

If so, should murder and rape be illegal?

Abortion, according to Roman Catholic doctrine, is a form of murder.

What should really happen in the case of Kennedy, is that he should not
be able to claim he is a good Catholic while voting however he wants.

The RC should be true to themselves and deny him communion, if not
outright threaten him with excommunication.  They wouldn't be popular
for doing so, but then again they are not supposed to care about being
popular.

--Patrick