[geeks] DVD install of MacOS 10.5.3 or 10.5.4

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Jul 30 13:58:14 CDT 2008

On Jul 30, 2008, at 14:19 , Mark wrote:

> On 30 Jul 2008, at 19:13, Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>
>> A lot of the pirate copies are straight retail though, so they boot
>> anything, but you do lose the system specific diagnostic.
>
> Wait, so you can find a updated Pirate DVD image that boots anything
> online, and you own a license for OS X. Why not use that one? I know
> it's not 'official' but it works don't it?

As I've said, I have a solution for myself.

I just think I should have been able to get it from Apple, and I would
kinda like to have an updated machine disk with the right diagnostic
tools.

>>> Odd, because it didn't work when I did it. I'm maybe just a
>>> muppet ;)
>>
>> I've made several of them, works great.
>
> Yeh I've got 3, one for my Sun JWS, one for general use, and one for
> the Mac Pro. BUT I made them all in nLite :P

I've never tried that.

I use Paul Thorrott's method.  Works fine for me.

>> I'm going to make an SP3 DVD pretty soon.
>>
>> Gotta keep the Wintendo updated.
>
> Yup I need to do a SP3 slipstream sometime too. I've been giving SP#
> the usual Microsoft WideBearth 2008 treatment ;)

I'm going to test it on unsuspecting friends and family when I updated
their machines.

Actually, I will likely try it on my game machine first.

It's mostly just SP2 plus updates and some very minor changes.